Junior Buyer Homewares
Date Posted: January 11, 2021
Closing Date: February 28, 2021
||To £0,000 Annual
We have partnered exclusively with this exciting luxury lifestyle brand who are looking for a Homewares Junior Buyer. This role would be based on a 6-12 month contract and would be a mixture of both remote and office working. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of product development and range building in a multi-channel environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new products for regular seasonal collection changes.
- Lead pre-season planning, trend identification, mood boarding and competitive analysis.
- Manage and oversee entire buying process to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ensure products are fully developed in line with critical path.
- Negotiate pricing for new collection to deliver margin targets.
- Manage sampling process: charges, amendments, reworks etc..
- Work collaboratively with the merchandising team
- Present and sell new ranges to the rest of the business.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department to ensure online product details are correct and accurate.
- Proven buying experience within Homewares
- Asia factory sourcing experience.
- Be pro-active and use initiative to solve problems.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, reacting quickly to changing and sometimes challenging situations.
- Ability to work well with others and on own initiative.
For confidential discussion about this role, please contact Felicity McNichol via 07788413588 or email at