Senior Assistant Merchandiser Gifting
Date Posted: June 13, 2018
Closing Date: July 31, 2018
||£30 – 35,000 Annual
Our client is a household name with it’s iconic gifting and homewares products. If you would like to work for a design led retailer, then this could be the role for you! They are looking for a Senior Assistant Merchandiser on a 6 month contract.
- You will be an integral part of the merchandising team working closely with the Head of merchandising
- You will use effectively netsuite and merchandising tools / analysis to track sales and forecast sales and stock for home products ensuring Sales and profit are maximised and costs and markdown are minimised.
- You will provide weekly monthly analysis / reporting and will go through with HOM and will maintain key documents and the product data base with absolute accuracy
- Excel and system skills are essential to the role.
- Working with Head of Merchandising to manage Home Products. Placing and raising future orders and liaising and building relationships with venders. Tracking sales weekly/ monthly and re-forecasting linecard. Tracking open PO’s into the business and propose any changes to be made based on sales.
- Set-up Sale Document and pull together proposal for promotions.
- Maintaining the Sale Document to propose further markdowns.
- Run promotional analysis to understand the sales reaction to different discounts, and therefore use the lessons learnt to forecast future promotions.
- Track home products intake and ensure deliveries are on time and track any shortages.
- Run reporting and update all documents for Lesson Learnt and Sign off meetings. Support Head of Merchandising by running adhoc analysis needed for that season. Action any changes from meeting and maintain documents.
- Run Monday trading packs and update relevant seasonal trackers.
- In absence of HOM Write up weekly commentary and present in trading meeting, and action any changes from meeting.
- Update and maintain Monthly Range Analysis and Stock Document.
- Ownership of the data process and uploading the Home Products skus onto NewSuite and support the teams with the upload process.
- Ensure all data is maintained on the system and any changes (e.g prices, hierarchy) are actioned.
- Establish good relationships with the team in the warehouse and manage Merchandise product Administrator
- Daily management of the Merchandiser Product Administrator
- Maintain Key Documents: Product Database, Home Products Linecards, Weekly Trade Range Analysis and Newness Tracker.
- To fully understand all reporting and be able to present in absence of Head of Merchandising.
- Experience of working on reporting systems such as NetSuite and is keen to step up as a super user supporting team and training other people when required.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to work out Budgets and understand Sales figures
- The ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment and to quickly identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Sound decision making skills and the ability to plan and prioritise.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- The capability to work well as part of a team and to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people
- Strong commercial acumen
- Computer literacy –extremely proficient with excel, knowledge of pivot tables and V-look up is essential.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE A ROLE FOR YOU APPLY TODAY!
For confidential discussion about this role, please contact Felicity McNichol via 07788413588 or email at