Product Technologist Homewares
Date Posted: September 2, 2019
Closing Date: October 31, 2019
||To £0,000 Annual
Our client who are based in central London boast being one of the most iconic Homewares retailers. They have gone from strength to strength and are now looking to grow their technical department and are seeking a Product Technologist who will ensure products comply with identified standards in terms of safety, quality, durability, functionality and ease of assembly.
- To develop and deliver innovative products that perform, meet legal and statutory requirements and customer needs
- To ensure that all factories have the relevant ethical and technical audits in place
- Ensure all products are executed in line with critical path ensuring all safety, legislative and quality standards are met
- To provide technical expertise to ensure that all technical and safety product characteristics are specified appropriately and clearly documented
- Ensuring that products are fit for purpose, durable and safe
- Produce full technical documentation to verify that each product is manufactured according to legal requirements
- To ensure that all group technical standards are adhered to and that the design integrity is retained
- Manage and develop clear and concise assembly instructions
- Analyse products to identify where cost effective solutions can be applied, or improvements made, without compromising the design integrity or safety
- Monitor product returns, highlighting any issues which occur and seeking a swift resolution
- Managing and reviewing the supply base in collaboration with the buying team to improve quality and manage supply chain risk
- Manage the onboarding of suppliers from a technical perspective
- To support the Senior Technical Manager with any divisional projects
- Be able to cope with diverse workload and will need to work at pace
- Be able to use initiative at all times.
- Be Self-motivating, confident, and presentable and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Have previous experience working as a Product Technologist in a Retail or manufacturing environment
- Have a working knowledge of 3rd party audits and sustainability requirements
Have experience of site visits and reporting
If this sounds like a job for you apply today!
For confidential discussion about this role, please contact Felicity McNichol via 07788413588 or email at