Merchandising Assistant Homewares
Date Posted: April 12, 2018
Closing Date: May 31, 2018
||To £20,000 Annual
Our client is an iconic homewares retailer that’s going through exciting times with a priority of growing the online business. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to start their career in Merchandising and within a dynamic and creative environment.
The main responsibilities will include assisting in the planning, controlling and monitoring of the purchasing, intake and distribution of merchandise in order to maximise sales and margin on the designated departments.
As the Merchandising Assistant you will:
- Action and monitor stock replenishment to the website and stores
- Assist the commercial teams to successfully roll out new stores within the critical path.
- Monitor store/DC stocks by line each week and report exceptions to merchandising team.
- Liaise with Group contacts on a regular basis to identify stock replenishment opportunities/challenges.
- Assist the Merchandiser in planning, managing and maintaining the stock levels in store to ensure maximum availability within budget.
- Assist the Merchandiser in reviewing and updating of sales, margin, stock and markdown forecasts.
- Assist the Merchandiser in preparing information for range reviews.
- Support the merchandising team with data manipulation and report generation in a timely manner.
As a Merchandising Assistant you will have:
- Worked in a digitally focused environment and/or personally be a digital shopper customer to have insight that trading channel
- Excellent on Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook
- An excellent communicator – confident at all levels and across multiple team
- A logical thinker & problem solver
- An individual with strong numeracy and literacy skills, with great attention to detail
- Organised & efficient
- Self-motivated with a strong drive to achieve
- Have a passion for homewares & furniture
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Have a keen interest in developing a career in Merchandising – you’ll get regular feedback on how you are performing technically & behaviourally against the role expectations
If this sounds like a role for you, then apply today or give us a call to find out more.
For confidential discussion about this role, please contact Felicity McNichol via 07788413588 or email at