Assistant Merchandiser Home Accessories
Date Posted: March 8, 2019
Closing Date: April 30, 2019
||To £0,000 Annual
We have partnered with this creative Homewares retailer based in central London. They are looking for a passionate, dynamic and analytical Assistant Merchandiser who likes to make a difference.
As Assistant Merchandiser you’ll be responsible for:
- Manage timely intake of stock into the business.
- Work closely with the Junior Merchandiser to ensure intake is prioritised according to business requirement and to agreed timelines.
- Communicate to business risks to intake and stock availability
- Identify and resolve late/insufficient availability of new season ranges and ongoing lines
- Be the key contact for suppliers for chasing and placing of new purchase orders
- Be the key contact for customer relations, communicating risk to planned intake in order to ensure customer orders are management accordingly
- Manage seasonal terminal stocks and exit plans and take appropriate action to clear discontinued stock
- Action markdown plans in line with set parameters
- Take ownership of the planning and implementation of the replenishment parameters as part of the range plan and ensuring that they deliver excellent levels of in store availability, within commercially acceptable stock levels.
- Implement seasonal range plan changes
- Monitor in season sales, propose store level replenishment or display changes in order to optimise sales potential.
- Carry out frequent visits to stores, feedback review to team
- Relevant merchandising and / or stock planning experience in a busy retail environment
- Have worked in a digitally focused environment and/or personally be a digital shopper customer to have insight the trading channel
- Can analyse and interpret data to form effective strategies, highlighting trends, identifying and solving problems
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills
- Organised, excellent attention to detail and a flexible proactive work ethic is also required
- Must make things happen, happy to take the initiative
- Results oriented approach
- Identifies and juggle resources to respond to changing priorities
- Meets deadlines consistently and manages others expectations
Apply today if this sounds like a role for you!
For confidential discussion about this role, please contact Felicity McNichol via 07788413588 or email at