Assistant Buyer Homewares
Date Posted: June 19, 2019
Closing Date: July 31, 2019
||To £0,000 Annual
We have partnered with this exciting luxury lifestyle brand who are looking for a Homewares Assistant Buyer to join their friendly head office team, which is based in the central London. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of product development and range building in a multi-channel environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new products for regular seasonal collection changes.
- Lead pre-season planning, trend identification, mood boarding and competitive analysis.
- Manage and oversee entire buying process to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ensure products are fully developed in line with critical path.
- Negotiate pricing for new collection to deliver margin targets.
- Manage sampling process: charges, amendments, reworks etc..
- Work collaboratively with the merchandising team
- Present and sell new ranges to the rest of the business.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department to ensure online product details are correct and accurate.
- Proven buying experience within Homewares
- Asia factory sourcing experience.
- Be pro-active and use initiative to solve problems.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, reacting quickly to changing and sometimes challenging situations.
- Ability to work well with others and on own initiative.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB WHY NOT APPLY TODAY?
For confidential discussion about this role, please contact Felicity McNichol via 07788413588 or email at