Assistant Buyer Homewares
Date Posted: September 11, 2018
Closing Date: October 31, 2018
||£25 – 30,000 Annual
We have partnered with this exciting luxury lifestyle brand who are looking for a Homewares Assistant Buyer to join their friendly head office team, which is based in the South West of England. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of product design and development skills in a multi-channel environment. As part of this role you will be required to travel anywhere in the country with occasional international trips.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Design, specify and develop new products for regular seasonal collection changes.
- Collate and interpret feedback from sales, marketing and customers to inform selection.
- Lead pre-season planning, trend identification, mood boarding and competitive analysis.
- Manage and oversee entire buying process to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ensure products are fully developed (technical, packaging etc.) in line with critical path.
- Curate selections for trade shows and stores.
- Negotiate pricing for new collection to deliver margin targets.
- Ensure collaborative collections between buyers.
- Manage team budgets (samples and travel).
- Manage sampling process: charges, amendments, reworks etc..
- Work collaboratively with the planning team to deliver efficient stock holding.
- Present and sell new ranges to the rest of the business.
- Upload data for new product into systems.
- Maintain Product Specification data sheets.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department to ensure online product details are correct and accurate.
- Multi-level sales and margin analysis to understand and communicate variances to budget.
- Worldwide travel is an essential requirement for this role, with travel predominately to India and Asia, approximately three times a year.
- Proven buying experience in a similar industry.
- Multi-Channel experience (B2B and B2C).
- Asia factory sourcing experience.
- Be pro-active and use initiative to solve problems.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, reacting quickly to changing and sometimes challenging situations.
- Ability to work well with others and on own initiative.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB WHY NOT APPLY TODAY?
For confidential discussion about this role, please contact Felicity McNichol via 07788413588 or email at