Assistant Buyer Beauty
Date Posted: December 22, 2017
Closing Date: January 31, 2018
||£25 – 30,000 Annual
Our client is one of the leading Beauty retailers who are continuing their success and growth year on year. The Assistant Buyer will work closely with the Buying Manager in a busy Commercial Team liaising with external brands and internal teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and develop brand relationships from a Marketing and Sales perspective working on bespoke campaigns with brands.
- Coordinate strategy meetings, minutes and follow up.
- Develop launch plans for new brands ensuring cohesive liaison with the Marketing and Brand Teams where appropriate.
- Provide timely updates to the Marketing, Commercial and Brand Teams in relation to agreed activity for specific brands and their involvement in the business marketing events.
- Monitor new line introduction, supporting the Merchandising and Product Content teams to ensure on-counter dates are achieved.
- Work with the Commercial Team to advise in relation to stock ordering and delivery arrangements including chasing of deliveries where applicable and updating the Supply Chain Team.
- Monitor sales targets and forecasts and reporting back to brands regarding the success / outcome of bespoke Marketing activities.
- Sign off brands and / or products for newsletters and event activity.
- Liaise with the Marketing Team regarding bespoke activity on a weekly basis.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Proven beauty industry experience & excellent commercial acumen.
- Outstanding organisational, accuracy and prioritisation skills including the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a strong work ethic.
- A first class comprehension of the beauty industry, ecommerce and high street retail.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships at the very highest levels within the beauty industry.
- Computer literate with intermediate or advanced excel skills.
For confidential discussion about this role, please contact Felicity McNichol via 07788413588 or email at